MacPorts MythTV

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 27 14:05:09 PDT 2012

Glad it is working now.  Just for interest, which Mac model and OS
version are you running.  What tuner(s)?  Using antenna or a cableco?

What kind of recording rule have you set up?  Record at any time on
any channel is usually the best option.  The backend log should
indicate why a recording failed.  Look around the time the recording
was supposed to start.

Did you know the backend has a mini web server built in?  The address
for mine is http://192.168.2.222:6544/ -- obviously you need to
substitute the ip address of your backend machine.  With it, you can
quickly check what your tuners are currently doing, see upcoming
scheduled recordings, and any jobs that the backend is running.  See
Information>Backend Status.  Some of the other bits are experimental
(HLS) or not functional (Hardware Profile) on the Mac, though.

Craig