macports on linux

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Apr 2 07:15:09 PDT 2013

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013, 16:09:46 schrieb Benito Mourelo Caldeiro:
> Hello, Linux kernel plus ports is Gentoo Linux (since 1999) and
> Gentoo-derived distributions (ej. Funtoo and Sabayon Linux).

Gentoo portage is not ports (but a bit [or more then a bit...] similiar) -
this is why there are guys out using Gentoo with pkgsrc instead of portage.

I prefer portage on Gentoo Linux (as it fit's all my needs under Gentoo /
Linux) and pkgsrc on my NetBSD machines.

It is nice to see how a whole system including installed software could be
simply rebuild onto the hardware and feature needs by one command. line ;)

cheers,

Niels.
--
 ---