Complier warning message

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 2 19:04:22 PDT 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 18:10, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> I've just ran selfupdate & got this warning message:
>
> 'Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; using
> first fallback entry as last resort'
>
> I last ran selfupdate twenty-four hours ago & it wasn't there.
>
> My gcc version is:
>
> 'gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)' in /usr/bin
>
> Any ideas on why this error popped up & if any action is required on my
> part?
>
> I'm using the latest MacPorts on 10.6.8.

Only ports can blacklist compilers; MacPorts base itself doesn't. So you should not have received this message when running "sudo port selfupdate", but rather when running "sudo port upgrade". Which port were you trying to upgrade or build when this message appeared? The port in question may need to have some fallback compilers added, until such as a time as MacPorts 2.2 is released which includes more fallbacks.