Complier warning message

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 23:41:39 PDT 2013

On 03/04/2013 07:17, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2013, at 10:04 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Only ports can blacklist compilers; MacPorts base itself doesn't. So you should not have received this message when running "sudo port selfupdate", but rather when running "sudo port upgrade".
>
> Not quite. It's possible that a port which evaluates configure.compiler at its top level has been recently updated to blacklist all Xcode 3.2.x / 4.0.x compilers. The warning would then show up when the sync portion of selfupdate evaluates that particular portfile.
>
> Looks like webkit-gtk fits the bill (r104778).

I haven't got 'webkit-gtk' installed. But running 'port deps webkit-gtk'
returns:

'port deps webkit-gtk
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; using
first fallback entry as last resort
Full Name: webkit-gtk @2.0.0_0+video
Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   gtk-doc, pkgconfig, autoconf, automake, libtool
Library Dependencies: glib2, enchant, geoclue, gtk2, harfbuzz, icu,
libxslt, libpng, libsecret, libsoup, mesa, sqlite3, webp, xorg-libXt,
gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base'

so it seems webp is the culprit. I believe ImageMagick (which I have got
installed) depends on webp.

Cheers,

  Phil...