msp430 preventing glib2 upgrade

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Apr 5 19:08:35 PDT 2013

On Apr 5, 2013, at 8:36 PM, Jean-François Caron <jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca> wrote:

> So this instance has been resolved, but I am asking myself why I needed to do all these deactivations by hand?  Clearly macports knew what needed to be done.  I am also left needing to reactivate the proper ports afterwards.  Is there a reason it is like this, or is it a problem with the ports?

For some reason, glib2 has a build-time conflict with libelf. MacPorts base currently does not have the ability to automatically deactivate and reactivate ports that conflict with builds; in fact, base doesn't even know what a build-time conflict is. The existing build conflict functionality is provided by a portgroup.

If you run into build conflict errors in the future, you can use "port -f deactivate" to force-deactivate the offending port, over MacPorts' objections. This is fine as long as you reactivate the port afterwards.

vq