suggestion/feature request for Portfile: assert PortSystem comes first

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Apr 12 07:44:30 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 08:33:37AM -0400, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> This would be somewhat difficult, as before the PortSystem line all
> the PortFile is is raw Tcl code. It doesn't "know" that it should be
> warning about commands defined by PortSystem.

while this is true, we could still define a procedure that gets called
in Tcl when an unknown variable or prodeduce is accessed and print a
warning that suggests PortSystem might be missing. Something along the
line of:

 No such variable: configure.agrs, did you forget add PortSystem?

--
Clemens Lang