Does povray port work on Mountain Lion?

Matt Maguire vk2acl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 16:23:51 PDT 2013

I just installed the povray macport on my OSX 10.8.3 , and it works fine.

To make it go, I did:
cd /opt/local/share/povray-3.7/scenes/incdemo
povray +O/tmp/out shapes.pov
open /tmp/out.png

The stable version of povray is still 3.6, and I'm not sure what changes have been introduced in the 3.7 beta version, so if you are using scripts designed for 3.6, this may be why you see errors.

73, Matt