update log?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 06:48:54 PDT 2013

I've noticed that typically when building something with MacPorts,
when a build fails, it says "go here to look at the main.log file" or
the "config.log" file or what not.

Then I ran into this:

$ sudo port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
Error: /opt/rdp_project_local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error
synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed

Suggestion/feature request:  similarly have a log file (and tell where
it is) for this failure, as, currently, it doesn't tell me information
about *which* command failed, and how, etc.

Thank you.
-roger-
2.1.3