A few random usability suggestions...

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Apr 22 07:24:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 08:17:25AM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> Ok.  In that case it might be nice to tell people "there is no f
> variant, btw" so they can realize they've made a command line error ?

that's not as easy as you assume, because the variant specified in this
command line will also be used for dependent ports built in the same
step: If vlc has a dependency on a port foo that has a "f" variant, this
is not an error.

So what we could do is print a warning after the command completely
executed, along the lines of:
  "You specified a variant that was not used: -f"

--
Clemens Lang