Installing an older version of swig-python

tony g tonyg3622 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 16:06:36 PDT 2013

Hello,

A tool I use regularly needs an older version of swig than what is currently available via MacPorts. Following this guide: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort I was able to install swig 2.0.8 and it works fine. However, I need the corresponding version of swig-python. I tried to use a similar method but I can't seem to find the portfile for swig-python. I find only this: http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=library&substr=swig-python , which takes me to the swig repo.

Do I have to somehow extract the python binding via the swig repo? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony