Problem with gcc4.7 and call_once

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 8 13:07:34 PDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 14:58, David Barto wrote:

> It appears that the following is missing from the configuration for libstdc++.
>
> --enable-libstdcxx-threads
> Enable C++11 threads support. If not explicitly specified, the configure process enables it if possible. It defaults to 'off' on Solaris 9, where it would break symbol versioning. This option can change the library ABI.
>
> Yes, it changes the ABI, however for std::call_once to work, I think it is required. I don't think that the configuration process is setting it by default.
>
> Any idea how to add this to the configuration from the install line?
>
> sudo port install gcc48 +universal --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enable-fully-dynamic-string
>
> Didn't work.

There is no supported way to add configure arguments or other build minutiae at the command line. It is intended that decisions about such matters be handled by the port maintainer, who will put those options into the portfile.

> Neither did
> sudo port install gcc48 +universal +thread +fully-dynamic-string

The "+" and "-" syntax is for enabling or disabling variants. See "port variants gcc48" to discover that "universal" is the only variant that the gcc48 port provides.

> The enable-fully-dynamic-string was a test just to make sure that I could quickly see the configuration change.
>
> Is there some file I can modify that will force these changes into the system?

Yes, you can edit the portfile by running "sudo port edit gcc48".