problems w/kdepim4

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Mon Aug 12 07:47:01 PDT 2013

Hello,

Looking at the commit, I apparently overlooked the server part, between the fact of making the different variants and dealing with the new qt4 mysql plugins. I had a look at akonadi, and it indeed uses the server by itself, so that I'll have to correct that.
However, for what I saw, this would not be enough to get a working port. Having tested it, the akonadi server must be running for depending applications to work properly, and there is no daemon to start it at this point. I am not sure yet, but there may also be some setting up which is required.
I will have to look at these, but in the meantime, it seems that installing the mysql server and starting the akonadi server makes it possible to use the applications, if no other settings issues appear.

Cheers,

Nicolas