installing ld64 and/or llvm problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 13 13:31:00 PDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 11:27, M A wrote:

> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libffi.5.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/libexec/llvm-3.2/bin/llvm-config
>   Reason: image not found

So the problem seems to be that llvm-3.2 uses libffi, and on your system is linked with libffi library version 5, but libffi library version 5 no longer exists. (The libffi port currently provides library version 6.)

Whenever libffi (or any port whose library version changes) is updated, all ports depending on it need to have their revision increased so that they are rebuilt. libffi was last updated in March in r104651. I don't remember if that was the update that increased the library version or if it happened earlier. I was unable to find any revision after r104651 where llvm-3.2's revision was updated specifically to rebuild with new libffi, however there have been other updates to llvm-3.2 recently which have necessitated a revision increase. So you should not be seeing this problem if your ports are up to date, which suggests they are not. Please run:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated

Then clean the affected port and try again:

sudo port clean ld64