highlight does not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 13 13:33:48 PDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 14:34, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> I'm trying to install the "highlight" port. But the build stage does not complete:

I believe this bug was already reported:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39932

I assume this old version of highlight is incompatible with the new version of lua to which the lua port was recently updated.

> Is there anything I can do to fix this?

We should try to update the highlight port to the latest version. There's a ticket for that as well:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37645

Failing that, you could downgrade lua to an earlier version:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort