port uninstall inactive

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 12:18:53 PDT 2013

Hi, all.

On trying to run `port uninstall inactive' I'm getting:

`Unable to uninstall py27-distribute @0.6.43_0, the following ports
depend on it:
--->  	py27-altgraph @0.10.2_0
--->  	py27-dateutil @1.5_1
--->  	py27-nose @1.2.1_1
--->  	py27-pygments @1.6_0
--->  	py27-pyobjc @2.5.1_0
--->  	py27-roman @2.0.0_0
--->  	py27-simplejson @3.1.3_0
Error: org.macports.uninstall for port py27-distribute returned: Please
uninstall the ports that depend on py27-distribute first.
Please see the log file for port py27-distribute for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_py27-distribute_0.6.43_0/py27-distribute/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for py27-distribute
@0.6.43_0
--->  Unable to uninstall py27-distribute @0.6.43_0, the following ports
depend on it:
--->  	py27-altgraph @0.10.2_0
--->  	py27-dateutil @1.5_1
--->  	py27-nose @1.2.1_1
--->  	py27-pygments @1.6_0
--->  	py27-pyobjc @2.5.1_0
--->  	py27-roman @2.0.0_0
--->  	py27-simplejson @3.1.3_0
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on
py27-distribute first.`

py27-distribute has obviously been updated & I don't want to lose the
new version so how do I get 'round this predicament?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, Spherical &