Minimising MacPorts Internal Disk Usage

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 15 01:33:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

Before you start messing around like this, have you first made sure you
don't have a lot of unwanted stuff lying around you don't need.

sudo port list inactive

will show packages updated, but not active. Usually the result of an
update, which doesn't completely remove the old versions. You need to run

sudo port uninstall inactive

to do that

Chris