Minimising MacPorts Internal Disk Usage

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 15 02:54:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

> "port list" doesn't do what you think it does:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#portlist
>
> You want "port installed inactive" instead.

yeah, I knew that, my mistake... Its just 'port list' makes such sense
grammatically, it slips out sometimes. Guess that is why its in the FAQ
as others make the same mistake ;)

> There's no need to use "sudo" either, since you're just showing a list of ports, not modifying any files on disk.

Yeah. Adding sudo though does no harm, and I tend to add it when quoting
commands, to avoid any potentially confusion of when it is and isn't needed.

Chris