newbie

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Aug 17 19:10:09 PDT 2013

On 18/08/2013, at 3:00 AM, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> I am new in OSX world but I was long time FreeBSD user.
> I start using 'homebrew" and I installed some applications. I search for some program more and I found them in "macports".
> And my question is: Do I need to uninstall everything what I installed with hombres (included home-brew) or it is possible to have both t same time, please?
> Another question is about KDE4 (I saw in pots.ow it works? I was KMail user very long time.

I've also been a kmail user for years, but apple mail is one of the few apple apps that is much better, apple mail is nicer than kmail. I spent years fighting with nepomuk.

If you are experienced with unix then running homebrew and fink with macports is easy. If not then heed the advice and use only one.

James