Do you still use mports:// sources for MacPorts?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Aug 25 02:57:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have recently been working on cleaning up some of MacPorts' code by
throwing out code I believe is no longer used by anybody. If you read
this and your MacPorts' sources.conf still contains a line starting with
mports://, please tell me, so we can get an impression on whether this
is still a widely used feature and would be worth preserving.

If you are using mports:// sources, please also comment on whether you
could switch to a different source type [1] or whether that would be
very inconvenient to you.

To: m….b…@ieee.org because he was the last to report a ticket against
    the mports:// code in https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19338.

[1] MacPorts starting with 2.2 supports rsync, svn and git to sync its
    ports tree. Maybe one of those works for you? The next release will
	also support git-svn (r109747).
--
Clemens Lang