Trouble installing PECL module

Michael Newton miken32 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:42:07 PDT 2013

Thanks for your assistance with this, it works great now. When I tried
forcing -DHAVE_SOCKETS during configure, I just got errors during
compilation. (And the only google result for that error was a bug report
you filed on php.net!)

I don't see 1) being a problem, since if I'm trying to pass it an already
created socket resource I will obviously have the extension installed.
However I wasn't sure if 2) was a problem unique to Macports; I had a
feeling that if I built it from source that COMPILE_DL_SOCKETS or
HAVE_SOCKETS would have been defined somewhere along the way. Maybe I'll
give that a shot and file an upstream bug if it's still a problem.

Thanks again!

Michael Newton