Trouble installing gdal using configure.args="--with-fgdb=/path/to/FileGDB_API"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 31 11:15:07 PDT 2013

On Aug 31, 2013, at 12:47, Hermann Peifer wrote:

>>> I have a similar issue with libkml, where gdal expects version >= 1.3.0 (never released, only available from trunk). So I would have to install libkml under /opt/local rather than anywhere else which would require the configure argument --with-libkml=/path/to/libkml
>>
>> If this is a problem with the libkml port as we have provided it in MacPorts, you should file a bug report so that we can fix this problem.
>
> I'd say there is an issue with libkml itself (no official 1.3.0 release) rather than with its port. I found a related post here: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-Homebrew-Package-Manager-and-libKML-dependency-on-libkml-1-3-td5011826.html

I've reread your message… you said "gdal expects [libkml] version >= 1.3.0".

I was able to install libkml @1.2.0 with no problems. I already had gdal @2.14 installed. It does not appear to require libkml. gdal's portfile makes no mention of libkml In case there was some kind of opportunistic linking going on, I rebuilt gdal after installing libkml. It still built fine and did not use libkml. I see its configure script printed the message "checking for Google libkml… no" and I see that its configure script does check for libkml version 1.3.0. So there does not appear to me to be a problem.

Exactly what problem are you seeing? Is this again related to modifications you've made to the port? Or are you just saying that libkml should release version 1.3.0, and that MacPorts should then update the libkml port to that version, and that the gdal port should then make use of libkml?