Gnucash troubles

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 6 00:01:49 PST 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 19:00, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 5:30 PM -0500 12/5/13, Lenore Horner wrote:
>> I was having problems with Gnucash because something (it turned out to be Tracker installing xuggle) set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH I've finally gotten that cleared up (env | grep DYLD reports nothing in either Terminal or xterm).  Now I'm getting segmentation fault 11.
>>
>> The head of the crash log is below.
>>
>> Process:         gnucash [585]
>> Identifier:      gnucash
>> Version:         0
>> Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
>> Parent Process:  bash [584]
>> User ID:         502
>>
>> Date/Time:       2013-12-05 17:15:06.856 -0500
>> OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
>> Report Version:  10
>>
>> Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
>>
>> Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
>> Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000002b0
>>
>> full log at <http://pastebin.com/5zTAGapH>http://pastebin.com/5zTAGapH
>
> pastebin.com doesn't seem to have anything more than what was posted here?

Usually crash logs are much longer, several pages of information including what libraries were loaded at the time and what functions were being called.

It is possible that having had DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set before caused some of your MacPorts to build themselves against libraries they shouldn’t have, and that you’ll have to identify and rebuild those ports.