getting rid of py27-nose @1.2.1_1 and gmp @5.0.5_0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 10 03:28:38 PST 2013

On Dec 10, 2013, at 4:44, Federico Calboli wrote:
> if I do 'port installed'  I get two ports, py27-nose @1.2.1_1 and gmp @5.0.5_0, that are not active -- they have been superseded by py27-nose @1.3.0_0 and gmp @5.1.2_0 -- but are there.  Please note I always 'port -u upgrade', so I am at loss why they should be there in the first place.

Perhaps one day gmp was outdated but instead of running "sudo port upgrade outdated" you instead ran "sudo port install x" where "x" is a port that depends on gmp; MacPorts would have upgraded gmp first, without knowing that you prefer to uninstall the old version. Same for py27-nose, possibly in a different instance.

> I have thus far failed to get rid of them, and get rid of any leftover crud left by their configuration.  I'd be obliged if someone could tell how to do that -- I like to run a tight ship.

You can uninstall them this way:

sudo port uninstall gmp @5.0.5_0 py27-nose @1.2.1_1

Or if you want to get rid of all inactive ports you can use:

sudo port uninstall inactive