trouble installing rednotebook

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 14 12:58:11 PST 2013

Remember to Reply All so the conversation stays on the mailing list instead of private email.

On Dec 14, 2013, at 06:54, CHAMI F. <fatima.chami at durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Ryan,
>
> thanks for your email.
>
> Xcode is installed on my MAC:
> fatima-chamis-MacBook-Pro:~ fatimachami$ xcode-select -version
> xcode-select version 895.

Sorry, I assumed you were running Mavericks, but you appear to be running an earlier version of OS X. (Snow Leopard perhaps?)

> I looked up the config.log file and it seems that the error is :
> :info:configure configure: error: perl >= 5.6.0 is required for gtk-doc
>
> however, I checked the perl version installed on my Mac
> perl --version
>
> This is perl, v5.10.0 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
> (with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2007, Larry Wall
>
> --------
> I can not a clean, ??
> sudo port clean
> Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not find Portfile in /Users/fatimachami").
> Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
> To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
> -----
>
> any help on this
>
> MANY THANKS
> Fatima

You didn’t tell MacPorts what port you wanted it to clean. Run:

sudo port clean rednotebook

Then try again. If it fails again, file a ticket and attach those logs.