cmus not detecting m4a files

Jeff Friedman friedmanjeff1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:35:52 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

When I type in the variants commands I get the same results as you:

cmus has the variants:
   aac: Support aac files
   flac: Support flac files
   mikmod: Support mod files
   mpc: Support musepack files

I'm not sure how to enable the variants.

I was looking at the installation page for cmus and saw this:

depends_lib-append    port:faad2 path:lib/libmp4v2.dylib:mp4v2
configure.args-delete CONFIG_AAC=n CONFIG_MP4=n
configure.args-append CONFIG_AAC=y CONFIG_MP4=y

I'm guessing and I need to use some kind of a command when reinstalling
cmus to enable playback of aac files?

Thanks,
Jeff