mysql and odbc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 20 15:14:07 PST 2013

On Dec 20, 2013, at 13:55, David Mandelberg wrote:

> I'm trying to port some software to Mac, and it uses mysql and odbc. The mysql-connector-odbc port depends on mysql5, but I also had an issue with mysql5 for which I was told to use another mysql package: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41863
>
> Is there another port for the MySQL ODBC connector that uses a different version of MySQL?

No but there should be. All ports that currently use mysql5, including mysql-connector-odbc, need to be updated to give the user the choice of which of the 5 new mysql ports they want to use. Since the connector is something other software is expected to use (and is not itself the end user product) that choice should probably be implemented as subports, not variants.