No subject

Sun Dec 8 17:39:16 PST 2013

> with /usr/bin/clang being
> Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0
> Thread model: posix
>
> Building with configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.7 succeeds fine.
>
> Is this a bug I should report?

Yes, this is a bug you should report. Maybe updating the port to a more recent version would fix the problem.

> (Or should I make an "official" suggestion to
> use gcc everywhere where Apple-specific options aren't required as long as
> clang isn't completely ready to be the main compiler on linux? ;) )

Due to the whole C++ libc++ situation, this is not going to happen. Clang will be our main compiler suite, and switching now and getting the bugs that still exist fixed is the correct thing to do. Clang is not going away, but GCC on OS X already has.

--
Clemens Lang