Side effects?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:56:20 PST 2013

On 01/02/2013, at 10:10 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I did "sudo port install -k -s pallet" and then started digging around in
>> the Macports directory structure for Pallet and some source code.
>> Eventually I found:
>> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_sysutils_Pallet/Pallet/work/Pallet
>>
>> which contained some *.m and *.h files.  Is that the right stuff?
>
> It is, but you might as well just check out the source directly:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/Pallet

I am not having any success with that, Lawrence.  There seems to
be nothing on the browser pages to check out or download code
and nothing about that in the browser's help page.  I tried various
SVN commands, such as:

   svn checkout https://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/Pallet

but I got various error messages.  Please could you tell me the
correct command for checking out some source code from Macports?

Also, it is likely that I will have patches for Macports_Framework
and Pallet.  At present they are cosmetic only, to fix such things
as compiler warnings in Xcode 4.6.  So how should I proceed?
There is no maintainer for either port.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ian W.