ntop port - has anybody been able to figure it out?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 7 14:46:49 PST 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 16:29, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Stefan <netfortius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bug: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/37593
>
> Exactly what the last entry in the ticket says:  you can wait for the new automake, or you can edit configure.am appropriately and run autoreconf.  (I am a little surprised the automake maintainers backed down, though.)

They removed AM_CONFIG_HEADER without any period of deprecation during which just a warning message was printed; this suddenly thrust the problem on us with all sorts of ports. In automake 1.13.2 they'll bring back the option and make it print an appropriate warning. Then it'll disappear again in 1.14 I guess.

> If you ignored that entry because it was gibberish to you, all I can say is wait until the ticket is resolved; there are no instant fixes for end users who don't understand development with autotools.

I'll try to address the ticket now.