A growl about Growl (and NSAlert?)

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Feb 8 07:31:34 PST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:58:46AM -0500, Arno Hautala wrote:
> I just wanted to note that while the Growl software is now sold on the
> AppStore, the source is still available.

while that is true and we theoretically could provide a port for the
latest Growl, too, upstream is slow at releasing the code in time with
the binary release and only support building with the most recent
version of Xcode at the time of the release of the binary (which would
lead to a huge support effort for us, getting it to build on the
configurations out there).

I'd suggest we'll leave Growl in the state it currently is, because it
is a waste of time to put effort into it. Let's just hope it dies out
quickly and is replaced by Notification Center.

--
Clemens Lang