Mountain Lion X11

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:37:16 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
 wrote:

> xorg-server is not required so we should not add a dependency. You might
> be using an X11 server on another computer. Or you might be using XQuartz.

Yeah, could use some variants I guess, but it would probably be silly to go
around adding variants etc to so many ports...

I guess my experience was just that I didn't know why things were not
working.  The ports didn't tell me they needed an X server, so I didn't
realize I didn't have one.

Could almost be something in macports base.... "It doesn't look like you
have an X11 server installed, to run X11 programs locally, please install
xorg-server, or xquartz."  Or something along those lines.  Just thinking
out loud here.

Anyway, no big deal, thanks for the help!

Scott