Lasting "Building webkit-gtk"

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:12:05 PST 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2013, at 00:33, Eneko Gotzon Ares wrote:
>
>> 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5
>> Mac OS X.5.8 (Leopard)
>> MacPorts v2.1.3
>>
>> Trying to install The GIMP port its "Building webkit-gtk" process lasts already > 5:00' hours. What must I do?
>> ·To let the process finish.
>
> Yes; wait. WebKit is an enormous piece of software and it will take some time to build. If it hasn't finished after 24 hours let us know. I think it finished in less time than that on my 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4.

I am trying to upgrade on a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (so nothing blindingly fast, but not too old either).   The upgrade has been running for 17 hours.  So far no errors, and it seems to be building.
At what point should I suspect that something might be wrong?  If you could build on a G4 in less then 24 hours then this seems pretty long.