Fatal install error for dbus & policykit using debug only

Mark Duling mark.duling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:56:03 PST 2013

Hello all,

I was installing a port with dependencies on dbus & policykit using the
flags -vd.  dbus was failing with:

Error: org.macports.install for port dbus returned: launchctl: Couldn't
stat("/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServicesLocal.plist"):
No such file or directory
nothing found to load

Looks like it is related to the dsc command.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4749  But I found the error did not occur if
I omitted the -vd and the install completed.  Same thing with policykit,
and possibly others since I stopped using debug.

Does anyone know why using debug would cause this problem?

Mark