binary pakages for darwin9

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Sat Feb 23 13:41:10 PST 2013

On Feb 23 17:31:17, jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23 Feb 2013, at 05:17 PM, Jan Stary <hans at stare.cz> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 23 16:17:26, jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> I think not. They are only available for OSX 10.6 (darwin 10) onwards.
> >> https://build.macports.org/waterfall
> >
> > I think http://guide.macports.org/#using.binaries
> > should be explicit about what versions of OSX
> > binaries are built for. Or have I missed it
> > somewhere else?
>
> Maybe. Personally I think it's covered by the top section of
>
> http://www.macports.org/
>
> Which states only the current OSX release, and the two previous ones, are officially supported.

The top section says that macports is

  targeting mainly the current Mac OS X release (10.8, A.K.A. Mountain Lion)
  and the immediately previous two (10.7, A.K.A. Lion and 10.6, A.K.A. Snow
  Leopard).

It might be nitpicking, but "targeting mainly" is not quite the same
as saying explicitly "we don't build packages for your 10.5.8".