any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:29:58 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:00:16AM -0500, Lawrence Vel?zquez wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Jim Graham <spooky130u at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The tcl port was updated to Tcl 8.6 two months ago.

Yeah, but somewhere in there, as I understand it, Tcl's syntax made some
significant changes that (again, as I understand it) are not backwards
compatible...and I still have apps that rely on Tcl/Tk 8.4.x and 8.5.x,
so I had to keep those.  I also added 8.6.x for the newer stuff written
for that.

> The files /usr/bin/{tcl,wi}sh8.5 are part of OS X.

Yeah, I renamed those to _____.8.5.fubar and changed the sym. links,
as that was first in my path, and those (like the ActiveTcl 8.4.x
release for Mac) generate a LOT of errors when using Tk (wish).  That
way, the ones from macports were first in my path.  :-)

The mystery, however, is how tclsh8.5 managed to remove itself from
/opt/local/bin without my removing it or giving anything else the
permission to remove it.  But I suppose we'll never know the answer
to that...beyond just "gremlins" ....

Btw, I have the logs for the lmms and kdenlive build failures if anyone
can offer any suggestions on how to fix those.  I can post either the
edited logs (from the point where thigns start to go wrong) or the full
logs (MUCH longer).

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

           In light of DHS's recommendation to defend yourself
            against armed intruders with scissors, I'm giving
                 my deer rifle a new nickname: Scissors.