any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:47:15 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:33:40PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2013, at 23:29, Jim Graham wrote:
>
> > Btw, I have the logs for the lmms and kdenlive build failures if anyone
> > can offer any suggestions on how to fix those.  I can post either the
> > edited logs (from the point where thigns start to go wrong) or the full
> > logs (MUCH longer).
>
> If your lmms build failures differ from those already reported in our
> issue tracker, please do file a bug report.

I was mainly looking at lmms to just see what it really does.  If it
won't build, I'm most likely to just not care, and skip it.

I don't even remember how or where to file a bug report.

> I see no open tickets for kdenlive, so if that doesn't build for you
> either, please file a ticket for that too.

I think I found a package release (downloading now, not sure if it's
English---the site certainly isn't).  Btw, it appears to be exactly
what I'm looking for, both for video and audio, based on some
"screenshots" (actually YouTube videos).  It does seem that I'll
be trying this package version out in the morning, though, as apparently
Opera only opens one download link, so I'm gettomg this link at an
amazingly slow speed of 124 Kelvin Bytes/second (yes, capital K, not
lowercase k for kilo)....  Not sure what a Kelvin Byte/second is,
though.  Just as I'm not sure what a millibit (mb) is, either....  Oh
well.  I'm going to let this download, and hopefully it'll be done next
week or so.  I'm going to sleep.

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running Mac OS X Lion >

         No, I'm not going to explain it.  If you can't figure it
         out, you didn't want to know anyway...      --Larry Wall