any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 08:27:09 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 04:54:21PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 24 08:05:02, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 07:24:15AM -0600, Jim Graham wrote:
> >
> > > Ok...what is the command to run kdenlive?
> >
> > Never mind this...I read deeper into the port man page and found
> > the right port command to point me to kdenlive, and installed
> > and ran kdenlive.app.
>
> >From macports? What's the kdenlive APP,
> as opposed to macport's multimedia/kdenlive?

That's where "port install kdenlive" put it, as I mentioned when I gave
the location provided by "port location kdenlive" and it pointed to
/opt/local/var/macports/software/kdenlive/kdenlive-0.9.4_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2,
which, when extracted, includes kdenlive.app in /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4.

/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app

But let's try that again (running port location kdenlive from vim using
!!port location kdenlive:

Port kdenlive 0.9.4_0 is installed as an image in:
/opt/local/var/macports/software/kdenlive/kdenlive-0.9.4_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2

Now let's do bzcat /opt/...../kdenlive-0.9.4.... | tar tf - | grep kdenlive.app:

./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/
./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/Contents/
./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/Contents/Info.plist
./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/Contents/MacOS/
./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/Contents/MacOS/kdenlive
./Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app/Contents/MacOS/kdenlive.shell

That's what macports installed.  Should I submit a bug report, then?

Btw, your suggestion, port install -b kdenlive, produce the exact same
result, including the mysterious drkonqi.app that keeps failing when
kdenlive tries to run.  The error log says its parent app is kdenlive,
but that's the best information I have on it or why it's failing.  I
uninstalled and re-built kdenlive, and it didn't fix anything.  I've
tried port info drkonqi only to have port tell me it doesn't know what
I'm talking about (i.e., it isn't part of macports).

So basically, kdenlive is actually kadendead, unless anyone has any ideas
on what's wrong and how to fix it.

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

           In light of DHS's recommendation to defend yourself
            against armed intruders with scissors, I'm giving
                 my deer rifle a new nickname: Scissors.