binary pakages for darwin9

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 24 13:43:28 PST 2013

On Feb 24, 2013, at 05:01, Rainer Müller wrote:

>>> well, nitpicking back, it doesn't actually say there it builds *binary* packages for any OSX version ?
>>
>> Well, that's why I suggested putting it in section 3.4
>> of the Guide, "Port Binaries" ...
>
> I would happily review a proposed patch for the website and/or the guide
> that better describes the current situation!
>
> The source for both can be found in the subversion repository at
> trunk/www/ and trunk/doc-new/.

Right, the guide makes no mention whatsoever right now of the existence of the buildbots or what they do, but they've been announced on our news page, and their limitations have been discussed on the lists. In addition to only having buildbots for Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion right now, we only build for x86_64, only for the default variants, only for the default prefix, and there might be restrictions on distributability (because of licenses) which would affect binary availability.