any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:23:51 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:03:54PM +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2013, at 10:59pm, Jim Graham <spooky130u at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with KDE, as long as you properly install the
> dependencies it requires. My reading of this rather long thread is all
> of the problems would have been avoided if the OP had followed the
> instructions as presented to them. You cannot blame KDE for the
> problems that arose because they didn't.

But as the OP in question, I didn't KNOW about any of the KDE stuff
AT ALL.  I didn't know that I needed this, that, and the other bit.
I didn't know that I needed to run other stuff first, or that macports
does not actually install aoo of the dependent stuff for KDE as I'd
assumed it did.  The errors I saw were completely alien to me.  I'd
never run into stuff like that before.  So excuse me if I can't read
minds.  Oh, and I didn't install KDE.  It was installed by something
else (maybe it was kdenlive, maybe something a long time ago...I don't
know).

Later,
   --jim

PS:  And yes, this is an insanely-long thread, and I had NO idea that
     what I thought was a simple, straightforward question would result
     in this.  But I do appreciate those who have responded with helpful
     posts.  As for the rest, well....

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye!