THANKS (WAS: Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:30:02 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 03:08:50PM -0800, Scott Webster wrote:

> You should not have had to copy "the icon" (I assume you mean the
> application) anywhere.  You could just run it from
> /Applications/Macports or maybe it is /Applications/Macports/KDE4

I was referring to the install process with online stuff, where it gives
you this neat little display where you move an icon for the app into
an icon for Applications.  Not really necessary, but it's there.  As I
said, though, the only one I really care about (because it's a quick and
easy way to start apps) is the one in the dock, and I didn't have to put
it there...it did that itself when I ran kdenlive from
/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app ... as expected, obviously.

And yes, I could just as easily to something like this in ~/.alias:

alias kdenlive='/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdenlive.app' and run
it from the command line as kdenlive.  Then I just grab a convenient
xterm and run it from there.

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye.