THANKS (WAS: Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 24 15:36:43 PST 2013

On 24 Feb 2013, at 11:30pm, Jim Graham <spooky130u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 03:08:50PM -0800, Scott Webster wrote:
>
>> You should not have had to copy "the icon" (I assume you mean the
>> application) anywhere.  You could just run it from
>> /Applications/Macports or maybe it is /Applications/Macports/KDE4
>
> I was referring to the install process with online stuff, where it gives
> you this neat little display where you move an icon for the app into
> an icon for Applications.

The macports installation did this for you. The difference is instead of putting the application in /Applications/, all of the MacPorts KDE4 applications are installed into /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/. All you have to do is navigate there in Finder, and run whatever you want like any other Application you have installed. If you want a perma-link in the Dock, then just drag whatever you want there.

Chris