THANKS (WAS: Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:48:04 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:41:17AM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:

> That's not how macport's ports are installed.  You don't have to move
> any icon anywhere.

No, of course you don't.  But as you already know, having read my post
before commenting, I wasn't talking about macports installs for that
small mention of ports downloaded from the 'Net.....  And no, you
don't have to move that little icon anywher there, either.  It's
just a quick and convenient option for directly adding the app's
listing into finder's Applications listing.  And as I added on that
part, I don't fscking give a crap whether it's in there or not.  If
it's on the dock, I don't need it in finder's Application list
(i.e., the one in the finder app itself).  If you don't know what
I'm talking about, look in the dock, at the far right (by default,
anyways) and you'll see a square blue/bluish-off-white face.  Click
that, select Applications, and there you are.

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

           In light of DHS's recommendation to defend yourself
            against armed intruders with scissors, I'm giving
                 my deer rifle a new nickname: Scissors.