Notes...that flash by and are gone...(was Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Feb 25 05:51:57 PST 2013

The point is that, if you missed it the first
time, you don't know to go looking for the
information.  Let alone where to find it in the
mass of dependencies that may have been
installed.  Experienced users know to scroll back
through their Terminal history; new users, not so
much.  In the year or so that I've been following
macports-users, several people have had this
problem.

I think using TextEdit is preferable to a temp
file since it would be more 'in-your-face'.  As
well, the user can easily cut/copy, print or save
the info if they desire.

If this is implemented, there should probably be
a command line switch to turn it off.  So cron
(or crown!) jobs don't litter the system with a
bunch of windows.

Craig