Notes...that flash by and are gone...(was Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:18:38 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 07:56:13AM -0800, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2013, at 5:42 AM, Jim Graham wrote:

> >> That needs the capability to "open a window".
> >> No way.
> >
> > There may be something I'm missing here, but why "No way" ?
>
> Where would the window open for remote installs via ssh?

As long as Tcl/Tk is built as an X11 app, I would assume that it would be
opened as any other X11 app would be opened remotely.

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain that Tcl's socket command works
with remote systems, too.  But between harsh chemotherapy and the
resulting chemobrain (if you dkn't know, look it up), 3 brain tumors
(the worst being a 2.5 cm diameter tumor in my left occipital lobe, 3
severe brain surgeries in one ten hour session to remove each of the 3
tumors, then whole-brain max-dose radiation therapy to the brain (all
of this from cancer #1), I've got limits on how long I can work on
stuff, and between yesterday and today, I've gone WAY beyond the point
where those limits decided to be today (they're anything but consistent)..
Result:  my eyes are about 99% blurred, and I'm headed for a whopper of
a migraine in about 45 minutes (that part IS consistent).  So I'll have
to look into that later.  That, or someone else can.  It's in the Tcl
docs (Tcl commands) under socket.  I tried, but I can't keep my eyes
focused for more than a fraction of a second at best,

Later (as in, maybe by tomorrow or a day or two later),
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"