Notes...that flash by and are gone...(was Re: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:18:37 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 08:20:19PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 25 08:57:09, ctreleaven at cogeco.ca wrote:

> > Um, OS X includes this graphical user interface thingy.  We don't
> > have to ignore it _all_ the time!
>
> Which clearly is a reason to _display_text_ with a GUI.
> Right.

Hmmm, I wonder why Tk includes a text widget, labels, text for other
widgets (buttons, radiobuttons, checkboxes, etc.), then.....

> We also have the say(1) command.

Ok, so what?  Just use exec and a command like say bite me....

> I'd like my install message in a southern Irish voice please.

I seem to recall that the TTS programs I've seen lately, including the
one (or ones) available on Mac OS X, do support languages other than
English.

Whatever.

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"