Damaged database?

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 25 14:40:29 PST 2013

On Feb 25, 2013, at 1:48 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2013, at 17:20, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
>
>> dersh$ sqlite3 /opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db "select load_extension('/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate1/base/src/cregistry/macports.sqlext');select t1.id, t1.name from ports t1 where t1.name = 'gst-plugins-base'"
>
> This project changed its name and domains from DarwinPorts to MacPorts in 2006:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsHistory

I know, but this has me really confused.  The only reason that I needed a path like that is that I was trying to build macports.sqlext.  As a user, that shouldn't be necessary, but to try to test it, I was trying to use it.
I know that I have reinstalled macports in the past few years, so I don't understand at all where that old URL is coming from.

> Please update your rsync URL to match.

I am not sure where this is located?  I haven't put in a URL, and my sources.conf and macports.conf don't have anything about darwin.
 I think that the path might be an old path, that I haven't done an rsync in many years.  I think that I just never deleted it.  But, I was doing a search for macports.autoconf.mk, since I needed it to build macports.sqlext and that is where I found it.  Which probably means that it is an old version of macports.autoconf.mk

>> Error: no such collation sequence: VERSION
>
> This means the extension did not actually load; it's the extension that provides the VERSION collation sequence.

I tried making macports.sqlext, and if it finds it, then I get the same error.  So, it seems that it is no loading, both if I do it by hand, or just using normal macports commands.

Perhaps it really is getting to the point, where I should just wipe all my macports and rebuild?