Creating a Portfile for BirdFont

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Feb 26 08:05:07 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:23:12PM +0100, Johan Mattsson wrote:
> I have created a new release with the changes you propose.

Glad you found a solution!

> Source package: http://birdfont.org/releases/birdfont-0.18.tar.gz
> Portfile: http://birdfont.org/Portfile

Do you want us to include the Portfile in the MacPorts tree?

> Binary package:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/birdfont/files/Birdfont/birdfont-0.18.mpkg.zip/download

This binary package is built with /opt/local as prefix. This will cause
problems when somebody has MacPorts installed and also installs your
binary package. See
  http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xmlwf
for an example of this. I suggest you create a separate MacPorts
installation in a different prefix (e.g., /opt/birdfont) and use that to
build your binary package. See
  https://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.source
on how to configure MacPorts for a prefix other than /opt/local.

> I do not have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set. It seems to work anyway.

OK, weird. I would have expected it to fail, but apparently the loader
does some magic here.

--
Clemens Lang