[meta] reply to the list

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:27:57 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:41:18PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:

> Increasingly often, I see people replying To: the original
> poster, with Cc: to the list. Such a message does reach
> the recipients, but
>
> (1) it breaks the list functionality:
>     none of the List-* headers is present in the message.
>     Many people, me included, filter by sych headers.

There is a better way (with procmail, at least) that I use, which
gets all list e-mail filtered to the mbox I set aside for the list,
private responses to me in my own mbox, and replies to the list
that are CC'd to me ONLY sent to the list.  I do not use List-
headers---as you say, they aren't reliable.

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

   "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
               --Mal (Firefly, 1x03, Our Mrs. Reynolds)