perl

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Thu Feb 28 08:02:27 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
>>
>> > You can use CPAN just fine and combine them with MacPorts Perl ports.
>> > Usually you should try to stick with one method or the other, but it
>> > really should make no difference.
>>
>> If you want to use CPAN (and you want to keep things somewhat simple for
>> yourself) - you should install your CPAN libs into some other directory
>> (something like ~/perl5 works).
>

> I thought MacPorts CPAN was modified to install in a separate module
> hierarchy that would not cause path conflicts with MacPorts-installed
> modules? If not, it should be.

Yeah, I understood it was based on BSDPAN which does exactly that and
also registers the installation of the CPAN modules. If anyone can
confirm / deny this would be great. We'd love to explore this further
but we don't have any free resources to do so. Maybe someone has the
answer right off the bat.

--
Alejandro Imass