perl

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Feb 28 11:34:38 PST 2013

On Feb 28, 2013, at 2:18 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Masha Vecherkovskaya <mashavecher at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --->  Computing dependencies for p5-math-vecstat
> > Error: Dependency 'p5.12-math-vecstat' not found.
> >
> > What have I done wrong?
>
> You need a separate (logical) port for every supported Perl version. Take a look at existing Perl modules; you are missing perl5.branches to specify the Perl versions that it can build for (which autocreates subports for the specified perl versions).

The perl5 portgroup is a little confusing too. (And I think there is a default perl5.branches defined - although you shouldn't depend on that).

You want to cd to the directory where your new Portfile is and do:

port -dv build subport=p5.12-math-vectstat

Since the perl5 portgroup is going to basically make your one Portfile in a stub p5-port and several p5.xx ports, you'll need to specify the subport you want to actually work on. (Once the Portfile is indexed, which you could also do instead, it will behave like the other p5 ports).

--
Daniel J. Luke